Mr. S and I

Monday, September 17, 2012

at the feet of the Father

A baby was born today. My sweet friend had her little girl. Giving birth is a brutal process. I haven't done it, but I've seen the video. It is a battlefield. It leaves behind stretch marks and scars and it pushes a woman to her limits... and then it's over and every stretch mark becomes a badge of honor and all the pain becomes a distant memory over shadowed by the joy of knowing this tiny person. I felt pressed to write something today, I wasn't planning on it. I was running this morning and thinking about giving birth and wondering if I will ever experience that... and the thought crossed my mind of a mother about to give up her child for adoption. I think that many times, when we think of a woman giving up her baby we think that perhaps she is relieved because she doesn't want it. She's a drug addict who can't wait to be rid of it so she can get her next fix, she's a teen mom who is anxious to get back to her care free life of parties and prom dates, she's on welfare and already has more than she can handle.... some of these may be right. They may have addictions, they may be too young, or too poor or too broken... but they are still mothers. This morning I am in prayer for the biological mother of my child. I can't imagine giving birth knowing that the joy at the end, the entire purpose of the pain, will not be mine. I don't care what you have done in your life, how "bad" you've been, how careless you were, giving up your child to someone who can better care for it, to someone who has been longing, praying, desperately seeking motherhood, is the most beautiful act I can think of. A selfless gift.... an example of love only a mother could understand. I don't know who you are. I don't know your story or even your name, but I am praying for you. I am constantly at the feet of the Father for you. I love you, I really do. I promise I will always let my children know that it wasn't an act of desertion, but an incredible act of love that brought them to me. I promise they will know that you love them. I'm sure you always will. You'll think of them often and I won't pretend like you don't exist. How could I? I'll be their mother, I'll foster their lives....  and be thankful you gave them life. You won't be disappointed.... I will be good to them.

To all my readers "trying"..... I love you. Keep fighting, keep praying and know that He is good, He is for you and He is with you. I can not wait to meet your children, to see your growing baby bumps, to hear about their births, to see their smiling faces and remember the hard fought battles that brought them here. They are your legacy, a gift from a God who adores his children.

We Press On,
LB

No comments:

Post a Comment